The Source (French: La Source, meaning "spring") is an oil painting on canvas by French neoclassical painter Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres. The work was begun in Florence around 1820 and not completed until 1856, in Paris. When Ingres completed The Source, he was seventy-six years old, already famous, and president of the École des Beaux-Arts. The pose of the nude may be compared with that of another by Ingres, the Venus Anadyomene (1848), and is a reimagination of the Aphrodite of Cnidus or Venus Pudica. Two of Ingres' students, painters Paul Balze and Alexandre Desgoffe, helped to create the background and water jar.
- Free shipping in the US & Canada, we also ship worldwide.
- Fast 10 business days delivery to your doorstep.
- FG014 is shipped directly from our mosaic factory.
- The packaging is rolled like a rug for easier handling.
- You will receive this mosaic as a rolled single piece.
- Unpack the mosaic and remove the mesh backing.
- Install directly to a surface the same way you install ceramics.
Our mosaic artisans are skilled at transforming mosaics and can skillfully transform your dream into an unparallel work of art.
Whether you seek to personalize FG014 or draw inspiration from a picture or nature, our team of designers are here to create the handmade, custom mosaic of your dreams.