The Fisherman and the Mermaid, Frederic Leighton (1830–1896) Bristol Museum & Art Gallery, has earned critical acclaim for its rich imagery and allegory. Frederic Leighton tells the story of a mermaid who lures the fisherman down to his death, in retribution for the death of her fish. The fisherman entwined with the siren-mermaid represents the seductive and destructive power of female sexuality. Leighton depicts the unforgiving and deathly embrace brilliantly. The pressure and weight of the bodies allegories the sensual yet deathly embrace of female sexuality.
- Free shipping in the US & Canada, we also ship worldwide.
- Fast 10 business days delivery to your doorstep.
- RE003 is shipped directly from our mosaic factory.
- The packaging is rolled like a rug for easier handling.
- You will receive this mosaic as a rolled single piece.
- Unpack the mosaic and remove the mesh backing.
- Install directly to a surface the same way you install ceramics.
Our mosaic artisans are skilled at transforming mosaics and can skillfully transform your dream into an unparallel work of art.
Whether you seek to personalize RE003 or draw inspiration from a picture or nature, our team of designers are here to create the handmade, custom mosaic of your dreams.