This mosaic is a reproduction of The Sistine Madonna, also called the Madonna di San Sisto, an oil painting by the Italian artist Raphael, Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino. The painting was commissioned in 1512 by Pope Julius II for the church of San Sisto, Piacenza. The canvas was one of the last Madonnas painted by Raphael. Giorgio Vasari called it "a truly rare and extraordinary work". The painting was moved to Dresden from 1754 and is well known for its influence in the German and Russian art scene. After World War II, it was relocated to Moscow for a decade before being returned to Germany.
- Free shipping in the US & Canada, we also ship worldwide.
- Fast 10 business days delivery to your doorstep.
- RE002 is shipped directly from our mosaic factory.
- The packaging is rolled like a rug for easier handling.
- You will receive this mosaic as a rolled single piece.
- Unpack the mosaic and remove the mesh backing.
- Install directly to a surface the same way you install ceramics.
Our mosaic artisans are skilled at transforming mosaics and can skillfully transform your dream into an unparallel work of art.
Whether you seek to personalize RE002 or draw inspiration from a picture or nature, our team of designers are here to create the handmade, custom mosaic of your dreams.